Mom loved her collection of memories. Sitting around reading them that night, everyone decided that it might be fun to do it for everyone's birthday this coming year. I guess that means Ryan is next. I'll tell him he's outlawed from the blog for the next week. It might be hard on him. I know he loves checking this thing.
Post here: Memories of Ryan. I thought we should get started before too much Christmas Craziness takes over. Ryan will be a fun one. And he's going to love it.
Ryan and I will always remember making up tons of games
ReplyDeleteRyan is always vividly reading a book and loves to read
Ryan likes all kinds of music especialy Jack Johnson
He always hopes that you will love his present to you
Ryan is a good sport when he loses in games
Ryan is such a good person and is nice to everyone
Ryan always gives me a hug when I come in the door. I love it!
ReplyDeleteRyan loves playing with Will. He is very observant of Will's emotions, careful to see that he does not fall, and patient when he gets fussy.
Ryan gets the most excited when JJ comes. I think he has especially made JJ feel so welcomed and loved.
Ryan lovingly gives up the front seats to other people in the family saying, "it doesn't matter where I sit" - he really wants others to be happy.
Ryan does a great job of helping set the table for dinner.
From J.J.:
ReplyDeleteRyan is of course a goofball. I remember when I first started to get to know Ryan, and I called him a goofball, and he didn't like it. But then he finally came to realize that he really is a goofball and that it's a good thing to be a little goofy sometimes.
Ryan always makes me feel special. I think that he always makes everyone feel special.
He is a good worker. I remember at Thanksgiving this year how he helped me sweep the leaves off the sidewalk--happy to do it, no complaining.
Good athlete. Everytime I come and to Provo, I can tell that Ryan has gotten better at throwing the football, or ping pong, or basketball.
Good eater. It seems like he always eats everything that gets put on his plate--then he always goes and puts the plate by the sink.
He's a good friend to me.
Ryan is a true BYU fan. I remember seeing him at the BYU-Utah basketball game last year at 12:30 a.m. I spotted Ryan first, but I doubted it was him until I saw Natalie, J.J., and Eric.
ReplyDeleteBYU basketball, baseball, and football games with Ryan.
Ryan is very thoughtful. He thinks of others before himself.
Ryan always says the greatest things. His comments make everyone laugh so much..."you little ducklings".
I remember picking Ryan up with Julianne at the Cardon's house years ago.
I love playing sports with Ryan. He is great at ping-pong, fooseball, basketball, and soccer.
Ryan is so fun to be with. He is always really happy and cheerful.
Ryan is the greatest.
ReplyDeleteWhen he was younger he always asked me to "make a craft" with him we always came up with the silliest things to make.
Just the other night he came into the kitchen with me and eliza and started to color with us. i loved it.
Sitting one the counter and watching the popcorn popper.
Ryan learinig to answear the phone.
Climbing the treem in the front yard.
Watching Finding Nemo & Toy Story & Toy Story 2 together.
Ryan, Eric and I took a great trip together to Red Pine Lake. What a great memory. Ryan was tough, carried his own pack, and had a great time.
ReplyDeleteRyan and BYU sports always go together. I have enjoyed lots of games with Ryan. What a loyal fan, he is true blue.
Ryan and I have played many games of foosball - against each other and as teammates. He even beat me once or twice!
Ryan is quite clever. Often saying things that you would expect from someone twice his age.
Ryan is thoughtful. He thinks of others in word and deed. He thanks people for doing things for him.
I love hearing Ryan playing downstairs alone. He often is a commentator for his own basketball game, describing the final seconds as he makes the winning basket. Or his imagines himself in a fantasy world of Jedis or dinosaurs or elves.
Like Natalie, Ryan always gives me a hug upon coming home.
ReplyDeleteRyan and I paint together. Ryan is the true artist. I just pretend.
He is a peacemaker. Ryan doesn't like conflict and helps resolve problems.
Ryan is willing to help the family. He does what he is asked.
Ryan loves clementines. I will never forget the first time he asked for clementines in his sock (rather than oranges).
Ryan is especially considerate. He can easily sense when people are sad, angry, or frustrated, then he tries to make them feel better.
Ryan is a good brother to Eric. They play well together and are happy to share a room, get matching outfits for Christmas, and coach eachother in their made-up games.
Ryan has been diligent in his Book of Mormon reading. He is almost done.
When everyone was at Polly's house Ryan slept downstairs with me. He and I had a good time talking and reading.
Ryan and Eric used to make a bed in the corner of the downstairs family room. They would sleep there with their books and blankets. Twice I was privileged enough to join them.
Ryan is a good reader. He caught on quickly and only wanted "chapter books" last Christmas.
From Lisa:
ReplyDeleteRyan always seems to be coming up with nicknames. He calls Clinton "spinach" and Clinton calls him "Ry-ster" or "Rice-a-Roni."
Ryan loves to tickle and be tickled. He has even tickled me!