I remember...
playing baseball and football with Clinton and friends in the front yard of Dunbar. He was so nice about letting me play with his friends...at least until I got a bloody nose.
Clinton taught Natalie and me that upside down chiars make great space ships
Playing office in Clinton's room at Dunbar. Clinton was the boss and gave orders. We were the secretaries
LONG Monopoly games
That's just a start becuase I had a minute and was thinking about it...
The Tint Test
ReplyDeletePine Wood Derbies
Middle School Wrestling
I always cheered for Clinton
I was excited to meet Clinton after his mission.
ReplyDeleteI remember his homecoming. He talked about loving the people...it made me excited to serve a mission.
Basketball with the 195th ward elders quorum.
I think Eric and Ryan are such true BYU fans because of Clinton's example.
Clinton and Lisa gave Julianne and me therm-a-rests for Christmas. We're excited to go camping and use them.
Byu fans
ReplyDeleteSkiing
Debate competitions
Teaching me tennis after school
Backpacking trips and Camping
Going to REI because they had a sale
I remember Clinton and the neighborhood friends. Jordan and Jacob Reidhead, Jordan Butler, etc. Along with Chad Salzman and CStwo.
ReplyDeleteI remember watching Clinton play tennis. I always got bored, probably because I didn't understand the game, not because Clinton wasn't a good player.
Clinton has always teased me the most. I used to cry about it. Now, I try to fight back, to no avail.
I remember when I was younger being so proud that Clinton was so smart.
The Road Show- "The Heat is On"
I remember Clinton getting excited to wear Dad's white coat to a school dance.
Clinton took me on my first, and only backpacking trip. He was good to put up with me.
Along the same lines, Clinton has put up with me as he taught me how to cross-country ski and as he took me on my first "black" at Sundance. I was in tears both times.
I remember one time when Clinton came in late one night and told me about his girl woes. I felt so grown- up as a thirteen year old.
For some reason I can picture one Halloween in Arizona when Clinton dressed up as a greek guy. Toga, wreath on his head, and all.
When Clinton could drive he took me to Christie Shumway's countless times and put up with my naggings for him to marry Julie Shumway.
Like Eric, I'll always remember all of Clinton's debate competitions. At McClintock and BYU.
I remember Clinton's Star Wars cards and figurines. I'm sure he doesn't remember, but one time Clinton taught me how to play the Star Wars card game. I think he pretty much played himself because he told me what to do on every turn, but I felt important.
NHL Hockey on the computer
Reading Harry Potter - three of them in the first week or two that he got home from his mission.
Clinton's chubby face and shaved head while in Peru.
When Clinton was on his mission I sent him a picture I drew of a daisy and a puzzle that I'd made. He saved them and gave them to me when he got home. I'm grateful because now I still have them.
Mom
ReplyDeleteMaking flag football ties for his birthday. He and his friends often had a standing Sat. afternoon match. The colors were BYU blue and ASU maroon.
Making dinner for all his scout camping trips or his taking a can of cannery stew. I think Jordon Butler always took pizza or subwa;y.
Clinton getting his eagle at the same time we were also blessing Ryan. What a wonderful example for his younger brothers.
He loved lego and could build anything from glasses to star wars planes. He and his friend David would play with it for hours.
Shows with the rope swing in the backyard.
Being so proud as I watched him pass the sacrament.
His Jr. High campaing not Bill, Clinton for President.
His many elemtary speeches. I can say the pledge backwards. The good old shoe runs again.
All his babysitting.
His obedience and example for all his sibblings.
Staing home the nights his friends went to R rated movies.
Crashing Natalies 16th birthday.
Tempe Parks and Rec basketball.
6th grade Honors and all the castle and knights...
Clinton you are loved and we wish the best during the coming year.
Love Mom
My funky (monkey) pants.
ReplyDeleteYour nickname, Curly Sue.
You telling me i was a kid and then proving it when the ticket lady gave me a childs ticket @ maid of the mist.
legos
CHakos(how do you spell that?)
You and Dad speaking in spanish and makeing us all really frustrated.
Tickle wars.
Jumping on you in the moring.
I remember coming home from school in Arizona for Thanksgiving break and you suprised us with coming home.
Your funny recipies.
Making you find the picture of Lisa in your ward directory. (in New York)
driving to Texas together for your summer internship in Corpus Christi, we had so much at Kartchner Carverns in Tucson, driving across the border into Mexico, San Antonio, etc. Clinton is great at planning trips
ReplyDeletepushing me off the fort in AZ
drying grapes in AZ
letters from his mission - always supportive and complimentary
building me up and encouraging me in my pursuits, esp. athletics and choir
the way he lights up when he talks about Lisa
taking the time and money to travel to San Francisco shortly after our move - once again a fabulous trip
playing Barbies & G.I. Joes
consoling me after I got in my first car wreck at age 15
giving us awesome sleeping bags for our wedding
singing in A Cappella together at McClintock and being proud to be called Little Sheffield
starting Speech & Debate at BYU
his service with the Hurricane Katrina victims
playing basketball against Lisa Pohlit and me
letting me play flag football with his friends in the cul-de-sac at Dunbar
trying to run home from the Pohlits pool without our shoes on and burning our feet on the black pavement
the good example he was to his wide variety of friends in high school
attending BYU 195th ward together . . . FHE, ward activities, discussing the eligible bachelors and eligivle young ladies, his good Sunday school lessons
sharing his love of cross country skiing with us several times - I now love it myself!
what a fabulous older brother, he has been a great example for us all
this is JJ . . .
ReplyDeleteI remember the cross-country ski trips that you’ve taken Natalie and me on. The first was up the canyon by South Fork, and then the next was with Steven and Annie up the pass beyond Aspen Grove, and then once again with Bret by Aspen Grove. Every single one of those trips is a valued memory for me.
I also remember your Lotoja bike race. I had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I was really impressed that you made it that whole distance from Logan almost to my farm. I have driven that same route before and was amazed that you had actually biked it.
After Natalie and I were married, you came up to me and said that you were glad to have me as a brother-in-law. That really meant a lot to me.