Monday, June 25, 2007

Birth Announcement

Today, June 25th, 2007, Dad adopted a young apricot tree. Things go and things come- it is the same with apricot trees. We are thrilled to announce the beginning of our life with a new apricot tree, promising new memories and hard work in the future.








But that's just part of the story. Inside the house just before we planted the tree, Ryan and I talked about how excited Mom would be about the brand new apricot tree and how much she would love to be there planting it with us. Upon coming outside, Dad and Alicia excitedly told us about an encounter they'd just had with a robin on the fence right near where we were preparing to plant the tree. No coincidence. Mom was excited about the tree after all and a robin was sent to make sure we knew.













As for the rest of the evening, Dad and Ryan began to work on his high-class pine wood derby racecar, but I believe with this car it should be called the oak-cherry wood derby. Here is the work in progress.












Eric went to bed early, he's got to go to Julianne and Joe's early tomorrow morning to water the lawns before his soccer camp. It's hot in our house, excuse his shirtless sleeping.












Alicia is packing for departure to girl's camp tomorrow morning. Well, sort of. She's getting there. She's got to talk to all her friends first.










4 comments:

  1. I love it!! HOORAY! The apricot era is not over. JJ and I were just talking on Saturday about the fact that he has never attended an apricot party. We're so excited to join you all for one!!

    We also had a robin experience in Yosemite after we split up. What a fun messenger. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, we chuckled and smiled all the way through your post. Thanks for sharing the Provo happenings.

    Maybe we can somehow figure out a way to get a tree in our apartment backyard too. I doubt it, but Lisa would love it.

    Lisa told me the shirtless Eric picture reminded her of me. Should I be offended? And she also said, the Alicia picture reminded her of, well, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Dad ever look at this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! We finally found a place with fast internet. Hello to the bloggers.

    I also laughed all through this post, but I cried too. I love you all so much. Thanks so much for sharing, Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.