Sunday, July 01, 2007

Desert Diversions

May I recommend mountain biking in the Texas Panhandle? So it may not be as good as Bolivia, but it costs a lot less to get there. Who knew that Texas actually had beautiful places like this? In fact, they almost made this area a National Park. Check out our Picasa album for even better pics and if you want to be really jealous of our Texas vacation.

Even Lisa had fun mountain biking. Really, just ask her. Okay, maybe not this day. But the second day she did.








As I stood on this bridge over the Rio Grande gorge (one of the tallest ever built), I could see myself becoming just like Dad. It freaked me out to see Lisa even start to look over the edge. So I made her back up and take the picture.







At the bottom of the gorge is this odd little site, a warm spring on the edge of the river along the old stagecoach route. We took a evening swim, watched birds, and enjoyed our quiet discovery.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.