Monday, March 27, 2006

Alicia Gets One Too!

Sorry Alicia you can't read this post. But everyone else get to work and add your memories of "Monkey Pants."

10 comments:

  1. Watching Alicia dance. Whether it is creating her own routine or figuring out someone else's, she has a big smile and does it so well.

    Laughing with Alicia is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are willing to let me be silly at night-- even when you think I'm going crazy.

    Adding life to any party-- actually you don't add it, you are the life of the party.

    Sharing a room-- I'm never going to let you move out. We have good talks, and it is fun not to be alone.

    Getting ready together in the mornings, giving advice on the day's outfit and hair.

    Laughing about all sorts of things-- meetings on beds.

    Singing and playing the piano together.

    I remember all of the stores that we would create. Mostly art shops. Selling things for much more than they were worth.

    Playing barbies with our carpet squares and our piece of tile (the kitchen)- fighting over who got to fall in love with Ken.

    Locks of love- it was neat to see you donate that hair.

    Alicia, people want to be around you. You are engaging and happy. I admire and love you. I always will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more...

    paint samples

    white shoes-- i like your's and you like mine

    girl without a country

    dance, dance, dance... i wish i could do it like you.

    the radio-- you taught me to appreciate it.

    per-diddle. you win. slurpies?

    letting me cry, vent, laugh, scream, and giggle and keeping me under control

    alicia, you have a lot of life to share. people love you, because you love them.

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Mom:

    dancing to the dishwasher, while talking on the phone, always dancing

    making costumes for school plays and Halloween

    playing with Morgan Frazier and coming up with all sorts of pretend

    crying at Laura Gardaniers wedding

    wanting to put the fanciest dress on Barbie

    loves to be where the action is and be apart

    a good friend

    Alicia you were meant to come to our home. We are so lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing a birthday with you has always been fun - This is the first year we haven't been able to celebrate together! I miss you.

    How careful she is with Mom & Dad's money. We went Christmas shopping together during my airplace commuting days and she put back something at Costco she wanted but "didn't need" with no fuss at all, and another time was looking for a good bargain on a pair of shoes. I was so impressed!

    How much she loves Will & Will loves her, we wouldn't have made it through last semester without her help!

    She loves making others happy and is very good at sensing people's needs.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully next time natalie comes we can make a deal with who holds will and when.

    You think moosebutter is crazy but you have good taste in music.


    You are always willing to do what you are asked to do.

    I love it when you are just happy. It makes every body want to be happy around you.

    Alicia you the best sister ever (whoops) And I am glad you are in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. * Alicia was great in her dance performance last year at Farrer.

    * Alicia's Halloween party.

    * Kong Cones at Maceys.

    * Alicia came on a hike with Julianne and me last April. She had cool new shoes on, and huge blisters after the hike. Tough girl.

    * Alicia's picks for march madness this year were incredible. Next year I'm going to have her fill out a bracket for me and put a lot of money on it.

    * 393 XGM and the Chunk Girls (ask Alicia if you want to know).

    * Alicia likes good music.

    * Alicia has always been a good friend to me.

    * D.I. trips with Alicia are the greatest. Let's go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa says:

    Fun emails about the wedding. She gave great ideas and feedback.

    She's always full of fun and energy. She can get everyone excited.

    It's fun watching her play with and take care of Will. I can see how much she loves him.

    I love hearing her play the piano. She is so talented and I'm glad she's willing to share that with others.

    Going to Walmart late one night. She's a great bargain shopper - she got a lot of goodies with her dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharing nicknames like Monkey Pants and Curly Sue

    One of the more creative minds in the family - whether it is art or music or whatever. How about her original compositions on the piano or some of her artwork.

    Watching Emperor's New Groove together and then quoting it. That and other movies - lots of laughs

    Excited about her new dress, outfit, DI find, etc.

    Skiing at Sundance with Alicia during the Wasatch Ski Program. Always a good time

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wrote these on paper to give to Alicia on her birthday...I'd thought I'd type them up to share with others

    The white dresses dance at BYU was so incredible - I was so moved to see you dancing that night.

    OUr amazing week during the summer of 2004 - sleeping outside to watch the meteor shower and the Manhattan Transfer concert - so fun. you're one of my best friends

    talking to alicia about Joe

    your baptism in Oakley - what good memories for everyone!

    you're going to do the Sheffield name well at Timpview. your little brothers are lucky

    seeing you read in bed at night

    dancing - "practicing" - ballroom in the basement with friends (such as Eric Perry. for example...)

    doing many errands together - lots of Macey's trips

    You and Eliza are great together - for example, the Chunk dance

    You and I shared a room when we 1st moved into this house - I loved that

    you always love to find your bed at night

    pasta. more pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.