Building forts and spaceships out of chairs, sheets, blankets and Disney books
Playing house, office, Lego, and boardgames
Late night talks in the basement about missions, dating, marriage, and school
Classes together (BYU & McClintock) - C.S. Lewis, New Testament from Dr. Robinson, Chemistry from Doc Zinkie, A Cappella
Trips together - Havasupi, Texas, Arizona, San Francisco
Some of the best letters I recieved on my mission. Natalie wrote just about every month and how I looked forward to hearing from her. I never forget the first letter about JJ, she wrote differently about him and that made me nervous.
Throwing her into the pool on Los Feliz
2 on 1 basketball - Natalie and Lisa Pohlet versus me
Natalie is so interested in others. As Relief Society President in the BYU 195th singles ward, she was always helping some one new, getting to know them, excited to share time with them, and showing that she cared.
Yelling "Hit the brake" in the high school parking lot after a choir concert.
Running together to train for the Spudman triathalon and Natalie asking me if I could go faster.
Calling me at random times, just to say hello. Natalie is good at that, it is one way I feel her love.
Wanting to do it all and do it well, whether it be Choose to Give, the BYU Honors program, getting an MBA, serving in her calling, etc.
Good talks while folding clothes and good late night talks with all the girls my first time visiting the Sheffields
I thought she was the funnest mom because she let Will come on the kayak trip down Provo River
She called me a few different evenings while Clinton and I were engaged. It meant so much to me to feel like we were becoming friends and to feel like she was interested in my life.
She always seems to be thinking of others. While she was out running errands before Julianne's wedding she called me and told me she had found shoes for my wedding. (She knew I'd had a really hard time finding anything.) She brought them home and they were perfect.
Sorry, Natalie...I'm a day late. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday!
* Natalie asked Julianne and me if we were dating or just hanging out after we had attended the CES fireside where Elder Oaks spoke about dating...it was great.
* Natalie's excitement about NGOs and microcredit has helped me get excited about it too.
* A new years eve about 5 years ago with Julianne, Jenny Boshard, and some of my friends. You probably thought my friends and I were so weird...
* Natalie (and JJ) are great parents. Its fun to watch them with Will.
Natalie, I thought you were perfect until you said that bad word.
what fun phone conversations we have! (especially thanks for all the talks in January and February)
speaking of that...Natalie is an incredible long-distance sister. she sets the standard for the rest of us. she knows right when to make a phone call. she can buy shoes and books for weddings over the internet and have them sent to your doorstep :) she sends cards in the mail (i just received one today), the list goes on... i love it. in fact, i'm getting a little teary just thinking about it...
penguins
tweety bird
dried flowers
birds
getting my hair done for Prom down at your apartment
working with you on C2G - i was always amazed
eating tomatoes off the vine with you in grandpa's garden
what was that knitting thing you used to do? do you know what I'm talking about?
scrunchies
you taught me how to say, "You're right, Clinton"
doing hair at the Bates before the homecoming football game
traveling back to Temple with you - to pass on the crown - they announced that the McClintock high school homecoming queen was on the plane (thanks to John Urry)
going to cross country meets. man, you're tough
a remarkable AZ tan
she knows how to turn a potential argument into a potential laugh. i love how she can do that
you are such a fun mom and you love it. that makes me excited
walking to the bungalow with you and JJ after school one day. you had yummy stroganoff in the crockpot.
you reading aloud to me before going to bed. we started reading Witches by Roald Dahl, but we decided it was better to read it during the day... or maybe I just decided that
in addition to fun fridays... the summer of theatre camp. we did weird puppet shows and plays. Remember selling popcorn for the shows in the pohlits backyard? we labeled bags of non-buttered just for Dad
wow I could go on forever. Sorry the bday is past, but I'm so glad I still logged on. this has been so fun.
always sharing birthdays
ReplyDeletewaking me up at midnight to tell me you were getting married
the announcing of your baby
that boy
ReplyDeletefun fridays with lisa
ReplyDeleteBuilding forts and spaceships out of chairs, sheets, blankets and Disney books
ReplyDeletePlaying house, office, Lego, and boardgames
Late night talks in the basement about missions, dating, marriage, and school
Classes together (BYU & McClintock) - C.S. Lewis, New Testament from Dr. Robinson, Chemistry from Doc Zinkie, A Cappella
Trips together - Havasupi, Texas, Arizona, San Francisco
Some of the best letters I recieved on my mission. Natalie wrote just about every month and how I looked forward to hearing from her. I never forget the first letter about JJ, she wrote differently about him and that made me nervous.
Throwing her into the pool on Los Feliz
2 on 1 basketball - Natalie and Lisa Pohlet versus me
Natalie is so interested in others. As Relief Society President in the BYU 195th singles ward, she was always helping some one new, getting to know them, excited to share time with them, and showing that she cared.
Yelling "Hit the brake" in the high school parking lot after a choir concert.
Running together to train for the Spudman triathalon and Natalie asking me if I could go faster.
Calling me at random times, just to say hello. Natalie is good at that, it is one way I feel her love.
Wanting to do it all and do it well, whether it be Choose to Give, the BYU Honors program, getting an MBA, serving in her calling, etc.
You will always be the mother not me . . .
ReplyDeleteYou and j.j coming for sunday dinner
every week it was "oh yeah will is coming to town . . . and natalie"
remember me crying when you left to D.C well know i think i've almost ALMOST Almost gotten over familized
always wanting to listen when i tell my long stories
ReplyDeleteMom writing:
ReplyDeletesewing dresses as a little girl and formal dresses as a young woman
fretting over what you should wear for Homecoming Queen nominations
all the many campaings....
pledge backwards, count the counts, Stop and vote Natalie
writing Jeff Hornisek of the Phoenix Suns
wearing a pony tail every day in 5th and 6th grade
shows in the backyard
the scar on your leg- and making up stories on how it happened
sucking on your two middle fingers
cabbage patch dolls and making clothes and sleeping bags and basket for them
getting up early to read in bed
matching dresses with your sisters
All your calls and visits while I've been diagnoised with cancer
Mom writing:
ReplyDeletesewing dresses as a little girl and formal dresses as a young woman
fretting over what you should wear for Homecoming Queen nominations
all the many campaings....
pledge backwards, count the counts, Stop and vote Natalie
writing Jeff Hornisek of the Phoenix Suns
wearing a pony tail every day in 5th and 6th grade
shows in the backyard
the scar on your leg- and making up stories on how it happened
sucking on your two middle fingers
cabbage patch dolls and making clothes and sleeping bags and basket for them
getting up early to read in bed
matching dresses with your sisters
All your calls and visits while I've been diagnoised with cancer
toothpaste wars late a night... being silly with me
ReplyDeletevisiting me in new york (camp rising sun)
going down to your dorms-- i loved your roommates
choose to give- you are so passionate about the things you do
foundations of leadership only days before your wedding
cross country meets
homecoming queen
always being excited to talk to j.j. while you were on those many trips for school
"To love what you do and feel that it matters, how could anything be more fun?" natalie, you epitimize that quote
easy to talk to, you are genuinely intrigued with people and their lives-- you want to get to know others, and you care
coming to palmyra, weeks after delivering will
loving school- loving to learn
showing others that you care about them- showing me that you care about me
scott adreason(sp?) and the smiley faces
plucking my eyebrows when i had the beginnings of an ugly unibrow
i've always wanted to be like you, natalie-- thanks for setting a good example
happy birthday- i love you.
Lisa says:
ReplyDeleteGood talks while folding clothes and good late night talks with all the girls my first time visiting the Sheffields
I thought she was the funnest mom because she let Will come on the kayak trip down Provo River
She called me a few different evenings while Clinton and I were engaged. It meant so much to me to feel like we were becoming friends and to feel like she was interested in my life.
She always seems to be thinking of others. While she was out running errands before Julianne's wedding she called me and told me she had found shoes for my wedding. (She knew I'd had a really hard time finding anything.) She brought them home and they were perfect.
Sorry, Natalie...I'm a day late. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday!
ReplyDelete* Natalie asked Julianne and me if we were dating or just hanging out after we had attended the CES fireside where Elder Oaks spoke about dating...it was great.
* Natalie's excitement about NGOs and microcredit has helped me get excited about it too.
* A new years eve about 5 years ago with Julianne, Jenny Boshard, and some of my friends. You probably thought my friends and I were so weird...
* Natalie (and JJ) are great parents. Its fun to watch them with Will.
One more...
ReplyDelete* Natalie is such a happy person...always so cheerful.
Natalie, I thought you were perfect until you said that bad word.
ReplyDeletewhat fun phone conversations we have! (especially thanks for all the talks in January and February)
speaking of that...Natalie is an incredible long-distance sister. she sets the standard for the rest of us. she knows right when to make a phone call. she can buy shoes and books for weddings over the internet and have them sent to your doorstep :) she sends cards in the mail (i just received one today), the list goes on... i love it. in fact, i'm getting a little teary just thinking about it...
penguins
tweety bird
dried flowers
birds
getting my hair done for Prom down at your apartment
working with you on C2G - i was always amazed
eating tomatoes off the vine with you in grandpa's garden
what was that knitting thing you used to do? do you know what I'm talking about?
scrunchies
you taught me how to say, "You're right, Clinton"
doing hair at the Bates before the homecoming football game
traveling back to Temple with you - to pass on the crown - they announced that the McClintock high school homecoming queen was on the plane (thanks to John Urry)
going to cross country meets. man, you're tough
a remarkable AZ tan
she knows how to turn a potential argument into a potential laugh. i love how she can do that
you are such a fun mom and you love it. that makes me excited
walking to the bungalow with you and JJ after school one day. you had yummy stroganoff in the crockpot.
you reading aloud to me before going to bed. we started reading Witches by Roald Dahl, but we decided it was better to read it during the day... or maybe I just decided that
in addition to fun fridays... the summer of theatre camp. we did weird puppet shows and plays. Remember selling popcorn for the shows in the pohlits backyard? we labeled bags of non-buttered just for Dad
wow I could go on forever. Sorry the bday is past, but I'm so glad I still logged on. this has been so fun.