Thanks for posting Laura! I have been meaning to get on the blog and get this started.
playing basketball in the front yard, often "horse" on Sunday afternoons
going to The Clock Shop at Fiesta Mall in AZ for the Fontanini after-Christmas sale
very often hearing Dad say "I love you," "You are beautiful," and "Do you kids know how much I love your mom?"
holding youth firesides at Los Feliz during his Bishop days, caring so much for the youth, and really trying to understand and address concerns
gaining a love for birds, keeping a list of the birds our family has spotted, and teaching us their names
taking us to the fireworks in AZ even though he wonder if it was worth sitting in traffic for a long time after the show
supporting us at many athletic, musical, and academic events
holding and feeding the youngest child on his lap during family dinner time (with preparation that included changing his clothes or tucking his tie into his dress shirt and getting a towel to protect his suit pants)
his loving watchcare over Mom, especially during the last two years
shaking the heads (not hands) of all young men in the ward
Learning Thrills/The Meaningful Rise book ideas. I love hearing your thoughts and think that you have great insights. I think about your learning advice often.
lettuce - breaking off chunks at the dinner table
burnt almond fudge
frozen peas
"dunking" cookies, graham crackers
Seeing your love for BYU has made me love it more.
Alumni activities in Arizona - wow! what a lot of work you did
As a two or three year old you often drove me around the block before you went to work because I hated to see you go
Do you remember the days of "see you later alligator" "after a while crocodile" "bye fly" "later on swan" "hasta luego mi amigo"...we made a list together and recite it when you left for work
Last Chance and guessing how much things cost
Often telling us that we're good kids
Making the hospital such a fun place. Music, great conversation, good family time
I'm just thinking about how Dad said "I'm here to serve" He's so good at that. He's so perfect for our family :) and so good to us. I love you Dad
Naming the van--- Whiteley. And the Buick-- Charles.
Careful watching over Grandma in the last years of her life. We could all see the love he had for her.
Love of learning... and writiing about learning.
His interest in the things I'm doing. All of my activities, dates, and classes... he cares.
Salmon. Need I say more.
Superfoods... soy milk, blueberries, spinach, squash, etc.
Popcorn and slush... can you guess what is in the slush? Ice?
Riding his bike to work.
Looney Toons and Bugs Bunny
I remember always asking Dad to push us on the yellow rope swing... we went really high.
Or launching us in the pool.
Tickle monster.
Remodeling the house... Dad put so much into that project.
Religiously holding FHE on Monday nights.
Playing catch with the boys downstairs.
School Board--- wow, what a job.
The days of BYU Alumni-- tailgate parties, Aspen Grove camp, and BYU blue.
Dad gave me my baptism interview as Bishop. We went to Cold Stone Creamery and talked about baptism on a long drive. I'll always remember.
Trips to Home Depot and Last Chance.
Barbeque Sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's or Tony Roma's?
Dad's love for music and sharing of his iPod.
Dad will often tell us that he loves us... and we can tell in the things he does for us.
Dad, I love you too.
Most of all, Dad's love for Mom. He often says, "Marrying your Mom was the best decision I ever made." He really does love her and would do anything for her. He takes careful care of her not only by rubbing her back or speaking words of comfort, but in his study of the cancer and treatments so the best decisions are made.
Thanks for posting Laura! I have been meaning to get on the blog and get this started.
ReplyDeleteplaying basketball in the front yard, often "horse" on Sunday afternoons
going to The Clock Shop at Fiesta Mall in AZ for the Fontanini after-Christmas sale
very often hearing Dad say "I love you," "You are beautiful," and "Do you kids know how much I love your mom?"
holding youth firesides at Los Feliz during his Bishop days, caring so much for the youth, and really trying to understand and address concerns
gaining a love for birds, keeping a list of the birds our family has spotted, and teaching us their names
taking us to the fireworks in AZ even though he wonder if it was worth sitting in traffic for a long time after the show
supporting us at many athletic, musical, and academic events
holding and feeding the youngest child on his lap during family dinner time
(with preparation that included changing his clothes or tucking his tie into his dress shirt and getting a towel to protect his suit pants)
his loving watchcare over Mom, especially during the last two years
Teaching me how to mow the lawn.
ReplyDeletebike rides around byu campus showing me around. dealing with many flat tires all the time.
supporting me and being excited about me playing soccer.
always tickling us kids when you get home.
Being my DAD!!!!!!!!
shaking the heads (not hands) of all young men in the ward
ReplyDeleteLearning Thrills/The Meaningful Rise book ideas. I love hearing your thoughts and think that you have great insights. I think about your learning advice often.
lettuce - breaking off chunks at the dinner table
burnt almond fudge
frozen peas
"dunking" cookies, graham crackers
Seeing your love for BYU has made me love it more.
Alumni activities in Arizona - wow! what a lot of work you did
As a two or three year old you often drove me around the block before you went to work because I hated to see you go
Do you remember the days of "see you later alligator" "after a while crocodile" "bye fly" "later on swan" "hasta luego mi amigo"...we made a list together and recite it when you left for work
Last Chance and guessing how much things cost
Often telling us that we're good kids
Making the hospital such a fun place. Music, great conversation, good family time
I'm just thinking about how Dad said "I'm here to serve" He's so good at that. He's so perfect for our family :) and so good to us. I love you Dad
Joy...
ReplyDeleteHis passion for life and the many aspects of it.
Lately, his work in the garage.
River shelfs.
Naming the van--- Whiteley. And the Buick-- Charles.
Careful watching over Grandma in the last years of her life. We could all see the love he had for her.
Love of learning... and writiing about learning.
His interest in the things I'm doing. All of my activities, dates, and classes... he cares.
Salmon. Need I say more.
Superfoods... soy milk, blueberries, spinach, squash, etc.
Popcorn and slush... can you guess what is in the slush? Ice?
Riding his bike to work.
Looney Toons and Bugs Bunny
I remember always asking Dad to push us on the yellow rope swing... we went really high.
Or launching us in the pool.
Tickle monster.
Remodeling the house... Dad put so much into that project.
Religiously holding FHE on Monday nights.
Playing catch with the boys downstairs.
School Board--- wow, what a job.
The days of BYU Alumni-- tailgate parties, Aspen Grove camp, and BYU blue.
Dad gave me my baptism interview as Bishop. We went to Cold Stone Creamery and talked about baptism on a long drive. I'll always remember.
Trips to Home Depot and Last Chance.
Barbeque Sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's or Tony Roma's?
Dad's love for music and sharing of his iPod.
Dad will often tell us that he loves us... and we can tell in the things he does for us.
Dad, I love you too.
Most of all, Dad's love for Mom. He often says, "Marrying your Mom was the best decision I ever made." He really does love her and would do anything for her. He takes careful care of her not only by rubbing her back or speaking words of comfort, but in his study of the cancer and treatments so the best decisions are made.