Tuesday, September 26, 2006

J.J.'s Birthday

I am so sorry to push that cute thing down on the blog... but J.J.'s birthday is tomorrow! (Insert memories here.)

2 comments:

  1. Of course the first time we met J.J. - remember how Natalie had cut her leg and J.J. was "looking for an bandaid" as an excuse to stay at the apartment until we could get there to sing Happy Birthday to her. Hillarious. Natalie was getting a bit frustrated because she kept saying she was just fine. Poor J.J.

    Pirates of the Carribean and 13 Going on 30 at the drive-in in the back of the truck. I had never been to one before, so J.J. made sure I got the experience. Fun memory.

    Going to BYU's Fall Festival.

    Fun times at the bungalow. Thanks for having me over for dinner and movies. I loved feeling welcome there.

    All the work you did on the bungalow it looked so good!

    All your work on our house and yard before the wedding. That seems sooo long ago.

    Choose to Give. You guys were a great team.

    J.J.'s kick-off speach at a Choose to Give party at the bungalow. He stood on a chair and gave a dramatic pep-talk to Beethoveen's 9th. So funny!

    Speaking of Beethoveen's 9th, I loved going to that concert in D.C. What a treat! I caught onto the spirit of that amazing piece of art.

    The family trip to St. George while you two were engaged. Things were so fun with J.J. around.

    Of course, trips to D.C. and San Francisco. Remember the pandas in D.C.? You know you loved it. Our road trip to NY? Fireworks in both cities. I loved those trips. Thanks! I hope there will be more 4th of July trips in the future.

    In the dating years, J.J. couldn't tell us girls apart on the phone.

    I was so touched to see J.J. after Will was born. I could tell he was excited and amazed. We all knew that he'd be a great dad. Happy Birthday and Congratulations on #2. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I was putting blankets away high up in Eric and Ryan's closet. I noticed a roughly written "J.J. and Natalie". It made me smile, you did work awfully hard on our house.

    I remember those many Sunday dinners with you here... I loved it.

    I'll never forget going to the hospital after Will was born and seeing you so proud, and so happy.

    You have always played games with Eric and Ryan. I remember the lightsaber fights and basketball.

    The night you and Natalie became engaged was so exciting.

    I loved going with you to your farm, it was fun to see your excitement.

    It was always a thrill to ride in the jumpseats of your red truck.

    Watching "Signs" with you... all 4 of us (you, Natalie, Julianne, and I) were all on one couch. It was so scary.

    J.J.'s mashed potatoes and pizza.

    We'd always beg for you to do the woodpecker voice. I haven't heard it in a while, but I'm sure Will loves it.

    Robot Soccer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.